Supporting staff to be able to deal with medical emergencies with Children and Young People until further assistance arrives.
- Discuss medical emergencies that can occur when working with children and young people
- Assess a first aid incident. Priorities of treatment (ABC)
- Summoning emergency assistance
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Unconscious casualty not breathing normally
- Recovery position Unconscious breathing casualty
- Recognise and respond to medical emergencies including seizures, severe allergic reaction, asthma, poisoning
- Wounds bleeding and shock, minor injuries and minor burns
- Falls and broken bones and head injuries
Staff based at The Cherries residential home. .