This course is aimed at staff working across children’s services who would like to learn more about restorative practice; strategic staff implementing restorative practice.
- Increase understanding of restorative practice (what is it?);
- Explore what working WITH means and how it applies to practice;
- Develop understanding of the importance of relationships;
- Be introduced to research evidence on restorative practice;
- Explore examples of the application of restorative approaches, for example, in supervision, with multi-disciplinary colleagues, with families;
- Develop understanding of whole system change.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no parking at Princes House in Dorchester, please use the pay and display car park at Top O Town House or the pay and display car parks in the town centre. There is no lunch provided on this course. There is a vending machine on site for drinks, please bring change with you for tea/coffee but there is also a hot water dispenser if you wish to provide your own. The training rooms are located on the first floor, please sign in at reception.
Please be aware that any cancellation made within 24 hours of the course or no show on the day will be a £50 charge to your team budget/organisation as of 1st May 2019. In addition, any late cancellations (within 14 days of a course) we are asked to report to senior management for monitoring purposes.
Dorset Council Children's Services staff only.